Friday, February 24, 2012

Can Pinterest Help Your Business?

People - okay, women - are flocking to the digital pinboard site Pinterest so quickly that the site is sending new sign-ups emails saying their invites to join will arrive "soon." In other words, they can't keep up. But for business owners, is it worth it to be on Pinterest?

If you own a retail or craft operation, the answer is yes. Otherwise, maybe - but probably not, so says USA Today. And in this case, I agree.

I'll be honest, I have yet to join Pinterest. I'm not opposed to it on principle or anything (apparently, some are wary to join because of copyright infringement avoidance syndrome). I just haven't had the time, what with penning my high traffic, award-winning blog and all. I considered putting my web content business on Pinterest, but really - what am I going to do? Post photos of good web content? 

If Pinterest has helped your business, I'd love to hear about it (especially if your business is non-retail). Those of us who are on the fence about trying to utilize it for commerce could probably benefit from your story. If you use Pinterest to gawk over wedding dresses and casseroles, your story may not be as interesting but at least you're in the majority. Eventually, I'll meet you on there, pay compliments to your mosaic mirror project and share in your enthusiasm of homemade ganache. 

No comments:

Post a Comment